Our next DLI members meeting: Guest Speaker Jenny Gleson of NDS WA will be speaking about the NDS Complaints Project.
This will be a roundtable discussion of DLI members and interested people.
New Diverse Leadership Inc members are welcome!
Date Thursday 30 June 2016
Time 2 pm to 3:30 pm
Venue Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre (EDAC) – 320 Rokeby Road, Subiaco.
RSVP by Monday 27 June 2016 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Assist WA disability sector organisations (DSOs) to develop positive complaints cultures which empower people with disability families and carers to understand how to provide feedback and complaints, and feel confident and comfortable with providing feedback and complaints about the supports and services they receive.
2. Develop sector understanding of complaints processes – those both internal and external of the organisation. For example DSO, Disability Service Commission and Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO) processes.
3. Develop sector understanding of reporting and capacity to respond to serious and sentinel events.
4. Ensure staff in DSOs understand how best to provide support to people with disability, their families and carers, and/or how to empower people with disability to provide feedback and complaints and how to respond to people with disability, families and carers when issues and incidents are raised or have occurred.
5. Similarly ensure staff in DSOs understand how they can raise concerns, or provide feedback and complaints about issues or incidents.
Come along and share your views.