Empowering leadership beyond disability
Inspiring Today’s Leaders to Create a Better Tomorrow
We are looking for passionate people who want to gain the skills
and strategies necessary to lead the creation of sustainable
communities that contribute to independence, self-determination
and inclusivity for people with disability, their families and carers.
LeadAbility is a course specially designed for people with disability, sector employees and ambassadors in the disability sector:
- with the potential to lead and generate change
- with a clear personal vision and purpose
- who want to work collaboratively on their own leadership
development and the development of others
We believe that the best way to learn is through the experience of:
- exploring the real issues first-hand
- discussions with influential leaders, candidly exploring real-life
- sharing stories, problems and solutions with peers
- working collaboratively on a real-life project
The course is delivered by specialist facilitators and subject matter
experts from the corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors.
This immersive and collaborative course builds leadership skills to enable you to become a more influential, confident and effective leader.
Across WA, people with disability make significant contributions
through ambassadorship, policy-making, leadership and
governance, especially in communities and businesses with a
To enable and empower more Western Australians with disability to
take the lead, LeadAbility will give participants the opportunity to:
- Learn and apply strategies and systems for engaging and leading teams effectively.
- Network with people with a broad range of experiences.
- Discover how to apply leadership skills to benefit the workplace,
community and society.
Leaders with On-going Impact and Influence
Graduates are able to join the LeadAbility Community of Practice,
a group of inspired leaders who share a concern and passion for the
changes they can make.
This active and supportive Community of Practice creates opportunities for the graduates to continue learning and collaborating through:
- Coordinated and shared efforts for change and social impact
- Sharing of knowledge, skills and ideas
- Sharing of outcomes and resources
- Problem solving
- Peer support network
- Discussing developments and responses in the sector
- Developing group and individual understanding of what is
- Understanding values-based and authentic eadership.
Understanding Yourself as a Leader
- Developing an understanding of your personality style.
- Identifying your natural leadership style.
Leading in Teams
- Developing an understanding of the group’s dynamics.
- Developing an understanding of the participants’ natural
leadership styles and how to work effectively with each other.
- Understanding decision making styles.
- Being an effective and collaborative member of a project team.
Leading in Organisations and the Community
- Building networks and coalitions.
- Identifying problems or opportunities in your community or
- Developing baseline skills in influencing change.
- Developing action plans.
Focusing on a Sustainable Future
300 Murray Street, Perth
All events are based at Bankwest Place, a state-of-the-art building
in the Perth CBD, close to all transport.
Participants are invited to contact us to discuss any specific needs
they may have.
Course Dates (June to August)
Each days runs from 8.45am to 4.00pm
- Day 1 Thursday 25 June
- Day 2 Thursday 9 July
- Day 3 Thursday 30 July
- Day 4 Wednesday 19 August
- Day 5 Thursday 20 August (includes Graduation)
Course Dates (September to November)
Each days runs from 8.45am to 4.00pm
- Day 1 Thursday 24 September
- Day 2 Thursday 8 October
- Day 3 Thursday 5 November
- Day 4 Wednesday 18 November
- Day 5 Thursday 19 November (includes Graduation)
How to Apply
Apply by completing the online application form at www.leadershipwa.org.au/apply or call 08 9369 6777.
Applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Course fees (per participant)
Includes GST and all course costs. Excludes transport to and from venue.
Applicants are able to apply for a fee exemption.
LeadAbility is supported by the Disability Services Commission WA who share our vision to support leaders in the creation of sustainable communities that contribute to independence, self-determination and inclusivity for people with disability, their families and carers.
More About Us
Leadership Western Australia’s vision is to enhance leadership
capacity across the State. Leaders at all levels and from all
backgrounds undertake our leadership programs and each aim to
increase their commitment to the community in which they live and
work. Our leadership development programs and courses aim to
provide professionals and emerging leaders with the tools needed to
become great leaders in their organisations and communities.
Contact Leadership WA
For all enquiries, please call us on 08 9369 6777 or email us at