Family Leadership Grant – Presenter role
Diverse Leadership Inc (DLI) has been funded by Developmental Disability WA (DDWA) under a Family Leadership Grant to raise family awareness about the diverse and rewarding lives that people with disability experience and the different ways family members have supported this.
People with lived experience of disability are required as presenters.
The role requires each presenter to:
- Attend a Professional Development session with E-QUAL, covering presentation content and group facilitation skills, on Tuesday 21st October, 1-4pm.
- Develop a presentation (with some guidance) about their life experiences and how their family have supported them to lead the life they have chosen.
- Attend a Professional Development session with Peter Dhu, public speaking trainer, on delivering their presentation, on Thursday 30th October, 1- 4.30pm.
- Deliver at least two sessions together with another presenter or as part of a panel (between November-March).
- Liaise with fellow presenters as needed for each session.
- Liaise with E-QUAL about session times and locations as required.
- Invoice E-QUAL at the conclusion of each delivery ($200 per session, ABN not required).
- Organise transport and support as required (some funding available for transport and interpreters).
- Participate in a debriefing/follow up meeting after all of the sessions have been completed.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your details and some relevant background information to Jane Hannay by October 3rd to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9389 9930 for further information.